Name: Emilio Fulara/ Male/British
Social Networks: facebook, deviantART
Character: Ronald Knox
Comments from the cosplayer:
Hi, I’m Emil. I’m 20 and I live in Bedfordshire, in the UK; but not for long. I will be moving to Street (Somerset, UK) in about a months time.
I’ve been cosplaying since 2008, my first cosplay being Gaara (from Naruto). I started cosplaying from Black Butler (a.k.a. Kuroshitsuji) in 2010, my character of choice back then being William T. Spears. I continued reading the series manga and discovered Ronald Knox further down the line, of whom I felt I suited better and switched from William to Ronald.
In these photos, I was cosplaying Ronald Knox from Black Butler. These photographs were taken by circus-smile, on deviantART, of whom is a very skilled photographer; in October 2011. We decided to go down by the river in Bedford.
I chose not to dye the lower part of my wig because I follow the manga, and Ronald’s hair isn’t coloured like this entirely in the manga. I tried to focus on styling the wig almost exactly like how the style’s portrayed, as I feel it’s rare for others to pay much attention to Ronald’s hairstyle. I have naturally green eyes and I put together everything, bit by bit, gradually increasing the accuracy of my cosplay. I now have white Oxford-styled brogues, for example; whereas my shoes are black in these photos.
I would like to continue cosplaying Ronald in the future, I have friends interested in cosplaying the other Grim Reapers with me.
Winners and Prizes of the Contest:
One winner will be chosen out from every 15 contestants.
- First Prize: any costume from our Black Butler costume catalog
- Second Prize: any wig from our Black Butler wig catalog
- Third Prize: $20 Cash Coupon
- Winners after third will all get $15 Cash Coupons
The voting process:
- You can vote for the cosplayer by Facebook likes and Google Pluses. Each Facebook like or Google Plus will be counted as one score.
- In addition, the organizer Miccostumes.com acts as another judge. We will govern some votes and vote for the top 20 contestants. I.e., the best entry (in our opinion) will get additional 20 scores, the second will get 19, third 18, and so on.
Read this post
for more details about the rules and how to join.