Maid Cafe also means Meido cafe or Cosplay restaurants are more and more popular these days. This first Maid cafe shop was been opened in in Akihabara,Japan around 2000, recently a few more maid cafes are been opened in Shinjuku and other Japanese cities like Osaka and some others around the world. If you are not familiar with Maid cafe, just check it via here .
Like the words mentioned in the post title, this post will provide some useful travel guide for cosplayers or Anime lovers who are looking for Maid cafe or other Cosplay restaurants worldwide, give you some spots or inspirations about the Maid Café couture.
1. Maid Café In America
- IchigoCafe -based Las Vegas , Maid/Butler café styles, but differs slightly from Maid Cafés.You can check their twitter to get more lastest updates.
- Royal/T -L.A.’s first maid cafe , and almost the best maid cafe shop in USA ,Which inspired by the other maid cafés in Toyko, Royal/T being as a café, art gallery and also anime retail shop, you can feelling all the modern Japanese culture in the place,espeical the work of some of today’s most sophisticated contemporary artists: Takashi Murakami, Yoshimoto Nara, and Hideaki Kawashima , etc. Other impressive private collection owned by Susan Hancock(owner of the space) ,which are being place in the gallery space,The collection includes pieces from all the above artists plus other great names like Aya Takano, Yayoi Kusama, and Keisuke Yamamoto. You can find the royal/t cafe at 8910 Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232
- FarOut Toys, a store in San Jose, California specializes in Japanese toys and anime collectibles, is still promoting the maid café it has been managing on Saturdays.
- MAID for 1 day – from the washingtonpost.com ,Coverage of a temporary Akiba-style maid café set up at Katsucon, an anime convention held just outside of Washington DC.
2. Maid Cafe in Canada
Actually there was only one maid cafe in Canada before – imaidcafe opened in in Toronto, Ontario in 2006, had closed down in 2007, so pitt ,maybe the cold weather in Canada made the maid cafe shop did not have enough customers .
3.Maid Cafe In UK
There is no offcial maid cafe in UK, But there are a few maid cafe events in London. Jetlag bar is running maid cafe from 2pm until 8am,they’ll be serving Japanese dishes, such as curry with rice, Japanese omelet with rice and Japanese Hamburger,Plus teas, coffee and cakes,but Over 18’s only,tickets are £5 and the lastest one will be launched in March 18th. The address of jetlag bar is at Nearest Tube is Great Portland Street.
4.Maid Cafe in Australia
In Australia also do not has any official maid cafe shop ,but Anicafe provide maid cafe event regular, if you are in Australia and also wanna get some maid cafe trip, check Anicafe maid cafe event detais here.
5.Maid cafe in Philippines
The first maid cafe in phillppines has been opened in in capital Manila, a post from deremoe.com has post it in details :
To get to Brookside, just board to any bus going to Taytay.Board a FX going Tikling if you’re coming from Megamall. You’ll pass-through Ever Gotesco Ortigas, the Big (Ironic) R and the cross road called Junction. It’s a long straight road. If you made a turn along the way, then you’ll be heading the wrong way.
Update: I got the time to check this cafe a while ago. Although I never went in, it’s pretty much decent. From what I saw, the patrons are pretty much kids in their early 20′s. That means, the food isn’t that expensive. The furnitures are tailored to a Japanese setting, with low cut tables which means that you have to really sit like a Japanese. I’ll take back what I said earlier and go and try this out. I can’t say when, but I’ll take a note on that.
also you can check the video report at youtube.com below :
6. Maid Café in Hong Kong
- Maid date – hong kong’s first maid cafe opened for business on 5 Aug 2007, Address : Suite D, 2/F, Percival House, 83 Percival Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
- Cafe-Matsuri – address :Hang Lung Mansion, 578-580 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong .
7. Maid café Singapore
Cosafe – address 30 Victoria Street,Singapore 187996,6339 2276 , and there is already a shop review about cosafe, just check it at here.
8.Maid cafe in China
- m-moe – a maid cafe in Shang hai, China, address : Near China Shanghai Huang Pu Qu Zhe Jiang Zhong Lu 229.
- Cate la maid – 4th Floor, Buynow Shopping Mall , 339 Caoxi Bei Lu (near Nandan Lu).
- Niaohai – Shanghai Jin Jiang Tower 6F,161 Chang Le Road, Shanghai
9.The last part -Maid Cafe in Japan!!
Actually there are a lot of good maid cafes in japan right now, especial in Tokyo area , so we will show you some of best maid cafes for examples:
- Cure Maid Café: Gee Store 6F, Soto-Kanda 3-15-5, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 3258 3161, www.curemaid.jp
- Akihabara Culture Café Schatz Kiste: Hasegawa Building 1F, Soto-Kanda 6-5-11, Chiyoda-ku, tel. unlisted, schatz-kiste.net
- @home café: Mitsuwa Building 4F-7F, Soto-Kanda 1-11-4, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 5846 1616, www.cafe-athome.com
- Café & Kitchen Cos-cha: Soto-Kanda 3-7-12-2F, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 3253 4560, www.cos-cha.com
- Pash Café Nagomi: Zenitani 2F, Soto-Kanda 1-8-4, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 5256 8001, www.nagomi.tv
- RoyalMilk Aromacare maidcafe :2-10-21 Sotokanda,Nikka Sekiyu Building 2F,Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo,TEL: 03-3253-7858,HOURS: 12:00-22:00
- Datenshi no Kyuujitu Little PSX :3-10-3 Sotokanda Isamiya Daiichi Building 4F,Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo,TEL: 03-5297-5475,HOURS: 12:00-22:00
- Melty Cure :4-6-2 Sotokanda 3F,Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo,TEL: 03-3254-7557,HOURS: 11:00-21:00 (Registration ends at 20:00).
Some special maid cafes in Japan:
Most foreign friendly: Popopure, which has several non-Japanese, English-speaking maids on site. Dub your own souvenir anime DVD with a maid for ¥1,500. (2F, Soto-Kanda 1-8-10, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 3252 8599, popopure.com)
Weirdest service: Royal Milk offers “Soul Care” — 90 minutes of one-on-one talk with a maid for ¥9,000. This is more expensive than a private English lesson. (Nikka Sekiyuu Building, Soto-Kanda 3-10-12, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 3253 7858, r-milk.com)
Strangest concept: St. Grace’s Court is a nun café where the staff offer miniature food for men dining with dolls and pray for the souls of all their guests. (Chiyoda K1 Building 1F-B1F, Kanda Sudacho 2-19-33, Chiyoda-ku, 03 5298 5947, www.st-gracecourt.com)
For the ladies: Queen Dolce, a “danso” café where girls dress up like beautiful boys and strut their stuff. They are better men than any man ever could be. (Akibako Tower 3F, Soto-Kanda 3-15-6, Chiyoda-ku. tel. 03 3252 2031, www.akibakotower.com/queen-dolce)
Most overrated: Pinafore, which appeared in the Fuji TV primetime drama “Densha Otoko” in 2005 and put Akihabara maid cafés on the popular radar. They don’t actually offer the services seen on TV, and the place smells like cat urine. (Yamanaka Building 1F, Kanda Sakumacho 1-19, Chiyoda-ku, tel. 03 5295 0123, pinafore.livedoor.biz)