I recently purchased the Alice cosplay costume from Miccostumes and to celebrate the awesomeness that is Alice, I’m going to show you how to complete the Alice look^^V
A common accessory that most people miss out when cosplaying as Alice from Pandora Hearts is her golden diamond clips. This tutorial will show you how to complete your Alice cosplay with simple and easy to make clips.
What you need:
- Air drying Fimo or Sculpey clay. This is light and easy to use.
- Gold spray paint
- Rolling pin – make sure to not use the family’s kitchen one ><
- 2 sheets of foam
- Cutting mat
- Utility Knife or Stanley Knife
- 2 flat alligator clips preferably 4cm or shorter in length
- Hot glue gun
- Flat object – can be ruler. For this tutorial I am using a plastic pallet knife.
- This Template that can be downloaded here
There is a video that I have made showing my process.
- Wrap your rolling pin with a sheet of foam. This will make it easier for you when you roll out your clay, the clay will come off easier.
- Cut out the template.
- Grab a small strawberry size amount of the clay and roll it into a ball.
- Put the other foam sheet onto of your cutting mat.
- Use the rolling pin and flatten out the clay onto the foam to a reasonable width. Make sure the template fits inside the flattened out clay.
- Use the knife and gently cut around the template. Don’t cut into the foam.
- Make 4 of these diamonds.
- Use the flat object and curve the edges of the diamond in to make them rounded and draw in the lines as seen on the template onto the diamonds.
- Grab the two alligator clips and two of your diamonds. Put a diamond laying on the curved side of the alligator clip. This will make it dry in the shape and will be easier for you to glue it on later. Repeat for the other clip.
- Once the diamonds have completely dried, spray paint them with the gold paint. Let to dry
- Finally use hot glue to stick the diamonds onto the clips. There will be a diamond on the front and back of the aligator clips.
And We’re Done! YATTA! our cosplay costume is now complete!