What you need:
- Sculpey or any other brand of polymer clay
- Clay tools, a range would be good. If you don’t know what i’m taking about have a look here
- Stanley Knife or a knife you would not use for food again
- Silver or grey Spray paint
- Blue/Green/Orange/Yellow paint <- depending on which character’s wayfinder you’re making. Here I’m making Aqua’s
- Metal wire
- This template – UPDATED
1) Print out the template provided and cut it out.
2) Get your sculpey and pull out 2 rows. Combine them together and roll out flat.
3) Place the template on the rolled sculpey and press down lightly.
4) Cut around the template with your knife.
5) Using your clay tools, indent into the sculpey the shape of the inside of the wayfinder. Don’t forget to leave a circular part at the bottom of each “shell” so the wire can go though.
6) Poke a hole into each of the circular parts. Choose a shell to be the top one and poke a larger hole at the tip.
7) Place the emblem on some scrap sculpey you rolled out before and cut around.
8 ) Draw on the extra lines in the emblem with a sharp pointed object and place it in the middle of your wayfinder.
9) Put the sculpey into the oven to bake. Check the temperature and timing for your scupley, it should tell you on the packaging.
10) Take it out and let it rest and cool down for a while.
11) Grab your grey/silver spray paint and spray both sides of your wayfinder. Also make sure your sides are well covered.
12) Start painting the inside of each “shell”. I recommend starting with the tip of each shell as it is the lightest part, then paint the darkest, then blend together with a colour inbetween.
13) Cut an appropriate amount of wire and bend it the way staplers are shaped before it’s bent. Slot it through the 2 holes and bend them inwards at the back. Do this for all 5 Shells.
14) Your Wayfinder is complete. The top hole is there for you to choose what you want to make your wayfinder into. Be it a key chain, necklace or whatever^^