Known as Sailor Mappy on Deviantart.com, this is Mappy Sánchez, an excellent cosplayer who accepted our interview today. Living in Penny Lane at present, she is interested in anime/manga, drawing, photography and cosplay (lots of wonderful pictures in her gallery strongly speak for this). And she is talented. You know cartoon characters like Asuka Langley or Usagi Tsukino? Yeh, they are favorite fictional roles for Mappy Sánchez. Now, let’s take a look at her replies for our interview questions below.
1. Please introduce yourself first.
I’m Mappy Sánchez, I’m 19 years old and I’m from Venezuela.
2. What does cosplay mean to you?
It’s a way of expressing myself, I’ve always loved anime and it’s a big part of my life, cosplay is very fun and it’s amazing to be able to bring to life a character that you love and admire, it also fulfills me to accomplish cosplay goals and it is comforting to receive good comments about them.
3. What and when was your first cosplay?
Sailor Jupiter in 2005.
4. What is your most memorable cosplay experience?
I guess my first cosplay, sailor Jupiter, I was just very impressed by it all, it was my first convention and before that I didn’t even know that there were conventions at my country so I was very excited.
5. What’s your favorite photo shoot?
My misa amane photo shoot, even though it’s just a closet cosplay.
6. What’s your favorite anime/manga/game character to cosplay as?
Asuka Langley Sohryu, I’m planning to do as many versions as I can, I just love Asuka.
7. Any cosplay plan in future?
I have a lot! For 2011 I want to do Maka Albarn from Soul Eater, Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew, Tomoyo Daidouji from Card Captor Sakura and finally Sailor Moon.
8. Do you make your costumes yourself or buy them?
I make them myself
9. Any other cosplayers you like?
10. Do some changes happen to you after cosplay?
I have met amazing people because of cosplay and I think I’m more creative and talented it has forced me to learn to do so much stuff I didn’t know I was capable of doing.
11. Any advice you wanna share with cosplay newbies?
I’m still a newbie so I think I’m not qualified to give advice yet, I guess I just say that work with the materials you have, you can make miracles happen, if you have the will to do cosplay you can do great stuff. And please…. buy a nice wig! It can make a HUGE difference