“Star Wand Tutorial”
You will need
- Pink Paint
- Gold Paint
- Foam circle – kinda varies – (I chose I thick one for mine but you can choose a thinner one)
- Foam Star
- Tiny feather wings
- Air-dry Clay
- (optional, Red circle gemstone- if you want to be accurate)
- Balsa wood stick (1m)
- Glue Gun
All these can be purchased from your local arts and crafts store all you need to is ask for them.
Once you have gathered all your required items
Then follow the steps below:
- you just simply just pierce a tiny hole into your foam circle
- take the wood stick and slide it into the hole
- wrap the clay around the stick and cover any gaps made from when you pierced the foam circle
- Also you may not see it in the final product picture, but you also need to wrap a thin layer of clay on the bottom of the stick.
- To give the star a 3D effect like mine I used the foam star, to choose your star it has to depend on the size of your foam star.
- Once you have chosen your foam star simply use your hot glue gun and glue and each of the individual points of the star and place them onto your foam circle
After the glue & clay has dried paint your wand as follows:
The star: needs to be painted gold
The circle/stick: pink of course
After everything is all dry, take the feather wing and chop them in half
And glue them at either sides of the circle
Optional (if you want to be accurate like the reference picture )
Take the red gemstone and glue it where I marked
Tada and you’re done
Follow these easy steps and you’ll have your own star staff of your own
This is a guest post from Anna, entered in the Cosplay Tutorial Contest. Click here to check out all the participants and their scores, and more details about the contest, like the rules, how to join, the prize, etc.
Personal Blogs & Social Networks: deviantart, facebook, blogger
Comments about the tutorial: I was looking around for a tutorial for this and the ones i found really annoyed me because of the the cost going into it so i decided to find a affordable alternative to making this star staff since i mostly had the stuff at home like the paints i just had to run up to my local craft shop and gather the supplies that were missing and the process was really fast while i was making this so i decided that i would be able to commission this as well as many of the other props/accessories that i have made in the past