The new edition of contest in May is launched today. The theme is storytelling – share your first cosplay story. If you still remember how excited you were when the first time you COSPLAY, if you still miss the feeling at that time, please don’t be hesitant to join in our Contest and share your experience and thoughts to win free cosplay costume and wig at our store.
Contest Name: My First Cosplay
Anyone who wants to share your story of your first cosplay is welcomed to our contest. You can write about anything you found interesting and special e.g. when and where was it, which character did you dress as and which friends were you with. But there are no limits! Just explore your mind!
Your story is supposed to be published on your own website. Notice that there are only three websites legitimate for this contest - deviantart.com, facebook.com and tumblr.com, i.e. you have to have at least one account of the three websites to join in this contest. More details will be discussed in “How to join?” section below.
Winners and Prizes!
There will be one participant winning out on each website, as long as the number of the participants on that website is more than 7, i.e. if the number of participants on Tumblr.com is less than 7, there will be no winner on Tumblr.com. In addition, every participant will get a 5% coupon code from us.
Each winner can choose any cosplay costume/wig in our cosplay store.
Participant who gets the most votes will win out finally. The votes will be given based on the following standard:
- For Deviantart.com – Each comment and each “favourite” will be counted as a vote. But comments from the same account will be counted as one vote only, and comments from the organizer and cosplayers do not count.
- For Facebook.com – Each comment and each “like” will be counted as a vote. But comments from the same account will be counted as one vote only, and comments from the organizer and cosplayers do not count.
- For Tumblr.com – Each “note” will be counter as a vote.
Time for the Contest
The contest will be launched at May 8th 0:00 and ended at May 31st 24:00 (New York Time).
How to join?
Step 1. Write your story on your own website.
- Notice that there are only three websites legitimate for this contest - deviantart.com, facebook.com and tumblr.com, i.e. you have to have at least one account of the three websites to join in this contest. Each participant can only choose one of the 3 website to publish your story, and only one story will be accepted for each participant. If you choose Deviantart.com, you can upload one of your photos to gallery, and then add text in the description, or you can write a journal with photos. If you choose facebook.com, you can upload one of your photos to your gallery, and then add text in the description. Please DONOT post it on your wall, in which case we may not be able to track your votes.
- At the end of each story, participants must declare the eligibility for this contest. You can simply do that by adding one sentence: This post is written by [author name], entered in the My First Cosplay (http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/cosplay-contest-my-first-cosplay) hosted by http://www.Miccostumes.com. (Of course you can write it in your own words, but please make sure you mention your name, the name of the contest and Miccostumes.com. Please also remain the links, so people will know where to find the contest. Thanks!) Participants refuse to do so will be disqualified.
Step 2. Send us the link of your story by email.
Please send the link of your story, together with your name to miccostume[@]gmail.com.
- If it’s a Deviantart photo, you can send us the link of the photo. If it’s a Devaintart journal, you can send us the link of the journal.
- If it’s a Tumblr post, just send us the link of the post.
The title of your email should be “ My First Cosplay – your name”.
Miccostumes will be involved in the investigation if the participants obtain votes through irregular ways (like creating new accounts to vote for youself), and the participants will be disqualified in some serious cases. Miccostumes reserves the right of final interpretation of this contest.