Character: Claude Faustus
Comments from the cosplayer:
Well, I’m Mura.
23 years old, from germany.
And here’s Claude Faustus from season two, the tapdancing spider(man)demon.
I’d like to cosplay other characters from Black Butler in future too, but since I saw Claude, I thought he must be the first. If he was the manifestation of a sin, he would be envy or greed, I guess. It’s a passion, too, to do fanart versions or most likely crack with him. How exhausting it is sometimes to remain stoic when cosplaying him, before he got Ciels blood for a taste, of course. He’s a creeper and he’s the troll of the whole second season.
Cosplay in general is a great hobby that combines so much ways to work out the way you do it. There’s something offered for everyone, sewing, woodworking, styling, just to name a few. It’s refreshing to be another person just for a while and it’s wonderful to know ‘you created something’. That’s why I love it so much.
I’ve been doing it ‘seriously’ since 2006 and I did Claude finally 2011. Personally I think Claude is one of the most accurate costumes of mine and since I’m cosplaying him, I finally seem to get the hang of a proper makeup or more likely, what you’re able to do with it. Guess I have to say thanks to Toboso-san <3.
Some of the pictures were done at conventions, some while we did shootings.
- First Prize: any costume from our Black Butler costume catalog
- Second Prize: any wig from our Black Butler wig catalog
- Third Prize: $20 Cash Coupon
- Winners after third will all get $15 Cash Coupons
The voting process:
- You can vote for the cosplayer by Facebook likes and Google Pluses. Each Facebook like or Google Plus will be counted as one score.
- In addition, the organizer Miccostumes.com acts as another judge. We will govern some votes and vote for the top 20 contestants. I.e., the best entry (in our opinion) will get additional 20 scores, the second will get 19, third 18, and so on.